Small seeds are a key part of Armstrong Richardson Agriculture, as we import, stock, blend and supply a full range of grass and game cover seeds from all over the world. We are able to give expert advice free to growers, as a seed department we have over 100 years’ experience to deal with any requirement you may have.
We work with a range of breeders and producers across all continents to ensure our seed mixtures are like no other. All seed straights are stocked at Stokesley, allowing specialist mixtures to be put together with little addition cost.
Our set range of herbage mixtures have been put together over many years and have a large following. Improved annually, our range gives customers product innovation, continual improvement with confidence that the mixture will perform.
Grass is a major crop in the UK and across the world, providing grazing and conserved forage for livestock production. Some of the key reasons for re-seeding are:
- Improving pasture can boost production by £2000/ha over five years
- Regular re-seed improves fertiliser efficiency of grasses
- Modern seed mixtures can be specifically tailored to use, output, duration and quality.
Key benefits of using Armstrong Richardson Herbage seed is:
- Environmental and Game cover seedavailable
- We use a full range of variety’s from many seed breeders, across the world
- We annually select specific new variety’s to improve our set range, allowing development every year.
- We use predominantly English and Scottish recommended list variety’s
- All grass mixed and packed on site, with special mixtures done as required by you the customer.
- Rigorous internal germination and quality controls on all stock and imported seeds
- Seed is always in-stock with delivery or collection available at short notice
- Kick-off seed treatment applied by request to aid germination in difficult conditions If you have any requirements please get in touch, we are more than happy to advise and put together mixtures on a case by case basis.
- We stock seeds for environmental and game cover use, for Agri- environmental schemes or for commercial shooting.